The DevOps Engineer is responsible for streamlining the DrugDev Spark platform from development to deployment. The DevOps Engineer helps improve existing infrastructure as it pertains to performance, security, and scalability.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manage our SaaS and FSP IT infrastructure to support rapidly increasing user demand
- Build and automate development tools to support continuous validation of software in compliance with strict regulatory requirements.
- Execute performance tuning, monitoring, patching and other system administration tasks to support fault-tolerant, high availability infrastructure.
- Lead a continually improving automated testing effort
- Coordinate and execute backups, regular maintenance, and disaster recovery tests
- Contribute to the design and development of new features and applications, ensuring that we deliver solutions that are suited to our operational demands as well as customer needs.
- Write and maintain procedures and work instructions to thoroughly document and communicate development operations.
- Support our integrations pipeline and troubleshoot issues.
- Other tasks as needed
- Technical/functional expertise
- Decision making
- Customer focus
- Conflict management
- Energy, motivation and work rate
This position does not have responsibility for managing people.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree or higher
- At least 1 year of experience managing production systems in a SaaS environment.
- At least 1 year of experience supporting MS SQL and WIndows IIS
- At least 1 year of experience in developing automated testing scripts
- MS and Cisco certifications or commensurate experience
- Experience with managing systems in production using an infrastructure as code model
- Knowledge of networking and system security, including firewall management and VPNs
- Knowledge and strong familiarity with SQL, IIS/Windows Server, AWS
- The ability to be part of a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
Location: Frederick MD