Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Create SSIS scripts and Jobs to support Integration requirements for internal and external systems
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Ability to design technical solutions based on technical requirements
- Ability to write clear and well documented T-SQL script
- Responsible for SQL development and troubleshooting SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views).
- Collaborate with system users and developers on technical direction regarding improvement of existing or new feature functionality, resolve issues or escalations as they arise and manage change requests
- Participate in a continual cycle of internal process improvement to support the development of new or enhanced services or the use of new applications and technologies to further serve the organization’s and client’s needs
- Coordinate and conduct end-user training as required
- Adhere to all IT policies & procedures and SSAE-16 control procedures related to IT, especially Security, Change Management and System Development Life Cycle
- Timely updates to the latest IT documentation, distribute to all appropriate users as required and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution
- Ensure that errors are identified, corrected and documented in a timely manner
- Ensure that appropriate levels of system security are achieved and maintained
- Perform data validation and make data corrections as necessary
- Participate in technical advisory roles as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge of Transaction SQL
- Stored procedures
- Performance tuning
- Index creation
- Extensive experience with SQL Server Integration Services automation
This position does not have responsibility for managing people
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of experience in database development and support of MS SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet stated deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with others and take direction.
- Ability to translate requirement specifications and /or user requirements into a formal design document
- Ability to independently search out solutions to solve complex problems, identify issues and recommend solutions
- Possess strong analytical skills, as well as business acumen needed to effectively work with end users to transform requests into cost effective solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Must be able to write memos, reports, and e-mails that are accurate, well organized, and grammatically correct.
- Detail oriented with ability to document action items and related follow-up.
- Personal qualities such as team player and customer service orientation; proactive and forthright personality; must be able to function independently as well as in cross-functional team environments
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to be pro-active, self-motivated and a self-learner.
- Possess a solid understanding of Accounting principles
- A hands-on thorough working knowledge and ability with personal computers and software such as Microsoft desktop and Office applications
- Knowledgeable of computer networking concepts
Location: Wayne PA