Database Administrator & Integration Specialist
- Support and Maintenance of SSIS scripts and Jobs to support Integration requirements for internal and external systems
- Perform data validation and make data corrections as necessary.
- Responsible for SQL development and troubleshooting SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views).
- Collaborate with system users and developers on technical direction regarding improvement of existing or new feature functionality, resolve issues or escalations as they arise and manage change requests
- Participate in a continual cycle of internal process improvement to support the development of new or enhanced services or the use of new applications and technologies to further serve the organization’s and client’s needs
- Database Administration of SQL Server for all instances (Production, QA, Development etc.) ensuring an acceptable level of performance and uptime
- Ensure appropriate levels of system security are achieved and maintained including management of database maintenance plans, SQL jobs and backups
- Troubleshoot and resolve database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools. Identify and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention problems
- Handle Level 2 Help-Desk Service requests relating to database administration.
- Responsible for managing SQL object deployments throughout environment
- Responsible for managing SQL Source control repository.
- Ensure that errors are identified, corrected and documented in a timely manner
- Ensure that appropriate levels of system security are achieved and maintained
- Participate in technical advisory roles as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Responsibilities and Duties
This position does not have responsibility for managing people.
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
- Possess MCITP/MCTS Certification
- 5+ years of experience in database development, administration and support of MS SQL Server. Experience with at least one of the following SQL versions: 2012/2014/2016 required.
- Ability to independently search out solutions to solve complex problems, identify issues and recommend solutions
- Possess strong analytical skills, as well as business acumen needed to effectively work with end users to transform requests into cost effective solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential. Must be able to write memos, reports, and e-mails that are accurate, well organized, and grammatically correct.
- Detail oriented with ability to document action items and related follow-up.
- Personal qualities such as team player and customer service orientation; proactive and forthright personality; must be able to function independently as well as in cross-functional team environments
- Superior interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to take direction.
Location: Wayne PA